Wednesday, January 8, 2020

Not My She-Shed!

My Barn/Shed that is about 40 years old and needs a haircut! 

It was a warm day in January when I decided to spend thirty minutes cleaning out the winter creeper vine in a section along the back fence. I'm having lower back issues so don't tell my family that I did that, but I needed to start the process. I have fought the invasive winter creeper for years--a battle I am not winning. I have no clue who introduced this vine into our rural neighborhood, but those people are not my friends. 


I took this photo January 1, 2020 of my old barn/shed that is covered in the winter creeper vine. I did not work on this project. The building is made of old but sturdy wood and it's a mess with it's missing boards and creepiness. I need to have it taken down, but it's not in my way. It has character.

When I looked at my photograph, the shed gave me the vibes of a hairy monster. The least I could do is give it a haircut, I guess.

6 comments:

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

Or you could write a story about it.

Pat Hatt said...

haha sure does look like a monster with a bad hair day.

Mason Canyon said...

Oh, I do agree with Alex. I think you could develop a fascinating story about your “not she shed.” Hope your back is okay.

BobbieTales said...

Yes, write a story about your 40-year-old shed. The 'back shed' and relate to memories. I had a small shed looking this with wistera all over and inside, and in the summers, I cleaned it out, and we slept inside. Most enchanting.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Teresa - lots of ideas there ... and what a wonderful she-shed ... it'd be fun to re-create it and give it some life ... a place to sit and write ... cheers and Happy New Year - Hilary

Susan Kane said...

Lots of creepiness abounds. I say start to outline some ideas. that shed has so many possibilities.