Saturday, July 13, 2019

The Unlife of Gardens

Nature is alive and well on my 3/4 of an acre. Recently, I read that nature doesn't like voids. This is true for my property. If I clear or clean out anything, nature is already working behind the scenes to fill it up again. Today is not about the living, but about the unlife in my gardens.

Mr. Gnome - Some say he is creepy. I think he is wonderful.


This wire owl I've had for years, but didn't know what to do with it. This year, I decided to repurpose my thirty year old mailbox post and shelf, attach the owl to it, fill the owl with a hundred solar lights, and place it in one of my gardens. This setup looks cute by day and but by night is a glob of eery light in a dark yard.




Live frogs and turtles are welcomed here, but also fake frogs and turtles.


HEADLINE: Metal Daisy grabs her fifteen minutes of fame by photobombing Miss Phlox and Miss Lily's photo.

That's all. Just a little unlife in my gardens.

6 comments:

Pat Hatt said...

Maybe the real will enjoy the fake too. Great shots. So true on nature, sure tries to fill the holes.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

I think your owl is really cool glowing like that.
Yes, pull the weeds and they just keep coming back...

Mason Canyon said...

I so love the owl. Gardening is a hard job but so rewarding at the same time. Happy gardening my friend.

Susan Kane said...

I love the owl! I'll give it a try, somehow.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Teresa - love the owl and the frog, just not a fan of gnomes! The garden looks delightful - you're managing it well ...

It's good to see you here ... sorry I've been around and about ... but late to get here - take care and cheers Hilary

Tabor said...

Thanks for your comment.I have been too busy to blog recently. I really like your owl ad would liek to find something like that.