Wednesday, April 23, 2014

T's Carnival Dress



I’ve shown you my carnival dress from my childhood here; now let me show you one of my daughter’s carnival dresses. Although it’s not as old as my other treasures from the past, it is a treasure.

This dress is made of pink satin with a white lace overlay and sleeves. Also made of satin and lace is a detachable peplum, for the waist. The dress has two skirts layers with the top layer forming a scallop hem. The best part? I had a blast making this dress for my little daughter.
 
When you can’t find what you want, make it, I always say. I found the right pattern and recreated to make my rendition of a Cinderella dress.

If I hadn’t sorted my pictures into boxes with the hope of getting them ready for albums, I would have a photo of her in the dress. I will add that photo as I come across it again.
One final note, after chasing the satin around the room while sewing it, I vowed to never sew satin again, and I have not.

12 comments:

Tammy Theriault said...

what memories right? cute dress :D

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

You made that? Impressive!

JoJo said...

You did a great job with the dress for sure!

Pat Hatt said...

Great solution, can't find it, make it

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Teresa .. that's amazing and I can quite understand you not wanting to sew satin again.

Gorgeous pink though, and so dainty with the lace overlay .. it's so pretty - bet your daughter loved it ... clever Mum!

Cheers Hilary

Robin said...

I always admire people who can sew. That dress turned out beautifully.

Elizabeth Spann Craig said...

I love the dress! Bet she looked like a real princess in it. Sewing satin would be tricky, for sure!

Life SPW said...

I don't understand "Carnival Dress." To me a carnival has rides, games of chance and cotton candy, hot dogs, candied apples, etc. where jeans would be more appropriate. Seems to me to be inconsistent with a dressy dress. The dress is pretty all the same.

Shan Jeniah Burton said...

Ooh - as a girl I would ave loved that in blue! =)

T. Powell Coltrin said...

I should have clarified for those who didn't read about my school carnival dress post or click back to the post from here. School carnivals here are fundraisers.

My apologies.

Unknown said...

Satin can be quite slippery when sewing on, but the dress came out quite nice and I bet she looked quite the little lady.

Mason Canyon said...

What a beautiful dress. You're amazing.