Monday, March 24, 2014

Blogging A-Z April Challenge 2014

The first year I joined the A-Z Challenge, I wrote bits and pieces of Grim Tales from the Ruralhood. A couple of people said I should put them into a short story collection so I removed them from my blog and did that.  The second year, I wrote The Waiting Summer, essays about the summer before my senior year. That was fun, reminiscing. You can still read those under the tab, at the top, except be aware that I’m still working on editing them and linking.

Two things I learned about myself writing The Waiting Summer stories. That in the olden days:
~ I was an emotional mess, but aren’t most teens?
~ I wasn’t as fat or ugly as I thought at the time—that is if photos don't actually lie, which is soooo up for debate in my mind.

My A-Z 2014 theme will be—drum roll please: Remembering the Past.

10 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Teresa .. I've loved both your previous series ... and this with accompanying photo and appropriate sentence or two .. sounds an ideal way of completing those posts quite quickly ...

Looking forward to reading this years ... cheers Hilary

Susan Kane said...

also anticipating your posts. Short is usually better.

Alex J. Cavanaugh said...

That works for me! Don't kill yourself trying to come up with long pieces.

JoJo said...

I am looking forward to reading your A-Z posts! I loved The Waiting Summer!

Unknown said...

I loved your previous posts and have no doubt that these will be just as rewarding.

Pat Hatt said...

Sure short and sweet will be neat

Pat Hatt said...

Sure short and sweet will be neat

Sharon Himsl said...

Hi Teresa. I remember your posts last year. Couldn't read all but enjoyed the few I could. I'll be back!
http://shells-tales-sails.blogspot.com/

Mary Aalgaard said...

Let the challenge begin!

Arlee Bird said...

Once again a fun theme. I'm sure you'll have a good time writing and reminiscing and readers will enjoy the journey you prepare for them. Have another great April.

Lee
Wrote By Rote
An A to Z Co-host blog