Friday, May 7, 2010

Rural Mothers



I wrote the following poem, To Mother, for my mom's birthday in 1972. I'm still madly in love with this precious person.



Photo: My mom at 18-years-old with me.






To Mother

If a poll could be taken, It would be found,
There's no finer more special mother around.

          

You're understanding, sweet and always there,
When I have secrets or gossip to share.

You've managed a home and a job just as well,
And there's so much about you to tell.

But to sum it up in words so true,
Mom you're the greatest and I'll always love you.
(written July 10, 1972)



My mother has cried with me and laughed with me. She has worried over me and encouraged me. She is a wonderful grandmother over her grandchildren and her great-grandchildren. She is a woman to emulate. How blessed I am to have this woman in my life to call Mom.

Happy Mother's Day!

5 comments:

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Teresa .. what a lovely way to celebrate your Mum and this weekend ..

Enjoy your days .. Mums galore!

Hugs from over here .. Hilary

Alise said...

Beautiful tribute to your mom! Have a wonderful day!

Mary Aalgaard said...

Sweet poem and great photos! Thanks for sharing them.

Unknown said...

Your mom sounds like mine - the greatest!

Love your photos and poetry. I know she did!

Indie said...

As always, I love your words.

This Mothers Day tribute is so touching!

Indie